Filmmakers: What is your primary skill and where do you work most?
My current Project Title:
The Hyers Sisters’ Dream & Legacy as well as Meet Mary Pleasant—a one-woman live touring program on Mary Ellen Pleasant
I describe myself as a
About me - current project:
Full Areas of Expertise: Producer-Director-Writer-Performer
CURRENT & CAREER WORK, BRIEF BIO,-RECOGNITION -- NEWS! Theatrical run of THE HYERS SISTES DREAM & LEGACY, winner of the 2019 Am Filmatic Arts Award, is slated to begin April in W. LA. Details to come or contact email@example.com. This is a new documentary short. The Live show on Mary Pleasant is touring -- Bibbs becomes Mary Pleasant on stage in a rousing, one-woman touring performance with drama & song. www.susheelbibbs.com. DVDs on Amazon. Bookings via firstname.lastname@example.org
Laurels, awards and other accomplishments:
1) THE LEGACY OF MARY ELLEN PLEASANT (winner of the highest Telly) is now out on DVD. Watch for it on Amazon soon.
2) VOICES FOR FREEDOM --The Hyers Sisters' Legacy : (Fall 2017-pres, documentary short) continues to screen and to win awards-- Awards: 2018 Bronze Telly, Grand Festival Award: Berkeley Int'l Video & Film Festival; Documentary Short Award: Houston Worldfest, Gold Kahuna Award for Excellence in Filmmaking: Honolulu International Film Festival, Award Hollywood Int'l Documentary Festival/Awards, Best Film (Cine Soul) Sacramento Int'l Film Festival, 2018 Gold Winner - International Independent Film Awards (Short Documentary), Watch for it In March 20 at the Missour History Museum, sponsored by the Museum and The Opera Center of St. Louis
3) The new film: THE HYERS SISTERS' DREAM & LEGACY has won The 2019 Am. Filmatic Arts Award and will soon run for a week in LA
4) Bibbs' Feature doc on Californis'a Mother of Civil Rights is still on PBS through 2021. -- *MEET MARY PLEASANT Mother of Civil Rights in California - film and Bibbs live one-woman show are touring --Awards: Gold Kahuna Award for Excellence in Filmmaking, Honolulu International Film Festival, Official Screening at Cannes Film Festival, Best Director of a Documentary 09 in New York and Best Historical Documentary Feature (08) in Hollywood: NY Int'l Independent Film Festival, Screening Finalist in the Hollywood Black Film Festival, =MEET MARY PLEASANT SHORT: 2007 Peace-reel Medallion - Best Documentary Short: Berkeley Int'l Video and Film Festival.
5) Bibbs' Live One-woman shows are touring : MEET MARY PLEASANT (one-woman drama) & O FREEDOM (one-woman musical) are touring now.: Bibbs has won SF Supervisors Highest Commendation, Commendations for enriching history from St. Louis City Museum, Los Angeles African-American Museum, National Park Service Network-to-Freedom Program Awards & more. See susheelbibbs.com or contact email@example.com
6) AN UNSUNG MUSE - Classical Song of Black Composers SHORT (reissued: 2019 in HD and on DVD) has received Willis Patterson Award for film research from The It'l African-American Art song Alliance
OTHER CAREER AWARDS -
Television & Radio =National EMMY., Executive Producer of ZOOM: =CPB Management Training Grant, =2 CPB Best Program Awards, Action for Children's Television Award (The Spider's Web): Radio Producer/Music Program Dir. of The Spider's Web (WGBH/NPR) & Others
RECOGNITION HIGHLIGHTS MEDIA -Several NPR. KVIE-TV Film, and Discovery Channel Profiles about Mary Pleasant -2018 - KVIE-PBS Arts Showcase Profile -2017 - Good Day Sacramento Hyers film profile PERFORMANCE AND CAREER =2018 Marquis Who's Who of Women Lifetime Achievement award =2018 PBS Arts Showcase: Career Profile =2001 CA Humanities/California History Alive touring artist and Grant recipient - Meet Mary Pleasant =1990-2003: Featured artist: California Touring Artist Roster =2001-pres: Grant recipient & performer: The Missouri Arts Council and The National Park Service Network to Freedom Program (Meet Mary Pleasant, O Freedom, Mother of civil Rights exhibit) 1999:2001 Commendations: St. Louis City Museum, Los Angeles African American Museum. Highest Commendation: Supervisors of the City and County of San Francisco AREAS OF WORK (1970-Present) =touring classical singer-actress =Independent Filmmaker =Founder/Exec.Director,The Living Heritage Foundation (Sacramento) =Director-Performer-writer, M.E.P. Productions/Publications (books,documentary scripts) =Producer & Director of Music Program Development, WGBH Radio =Producer-Executive Producer, WGBH-TV
My home region is: