Film in Sacramento
Whether your story is set here, or you need a stand-in for another town or city, Sacramento County is the ideal location for almost any film project. Pastoral farms, rivers and streams, industrial parks, vibrant city scenes and small towns are all within a 30 minute drive from downtown.
Sacramento has a rich history in films and television. Since 1914 it has been featured in movies such as Showboat, Huckleberry Finn, Lucky Numbers and Memoirs of a Geisha. The popular TV show The Mentalist was set and shot here.
Sacramento Film Commission
The best contact for filming in the Sacramento area is the https://filmsac.com/ or firstname.lastname@example.org. They can help you identify locations and walk you through the permit process for all cities and counties.
Contacts, Permits and Maps for Filming in Sacramento County
For specific contacts and permits for filming in Sacramento County outside city limits, view the links below.
- Map of Sacramento County
- FILM Production Requirements
- Film Contact List
- Film Permits for all Projects – Department of Finance at (916) 874-6644
- Filming on Roads & Bridges – Department of Transportation at (916) 875-5171
- Filming at Airports – Department of Airports at email@example.com
- Filming at Regional Parks and Park Facilities on the American River Parkway - Regional Parks Department
at (916) 875-6961 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Written for Sacramento County by an anonymous writer