NEWS!! 2017: VOICES FOR FREEDOM GOES TO PBS and SCREENS NATIONALLY
UPDATE-- More at www.TheHyersSisters.com
- Now on PBS!! VOICES FOR FREEDOM: The Hyers Sisters' Legacy, my 30 min film on the Hyers Sisters is on PBS and screening across the country: They were 19th-century African-American divas who gave voice to the humanity of their people and created the first American musicals!
- KVIE (PBS) TV on its Viewfinder 2017 Series - November 15 at 7pm, 17 at 4pm, and 19 at 6:30pm PST.
- =Voices is also in the Berkeley Video and Film Festival Nov. 4, 3pm at 1939 Addison in Berkeley.
- Ticket info at http://berkeleyvideofilmfest.org.
- Voices will be on DVD by Nov 1, 2017. Phone sales are not operative, but www.TheHyersSisters.com will support DVD sales as will Amaon.com
- See www.TheHyersSisters.com for our Trailer, details on screenings, and DVD sales
MORE --Stay tuned for full details on these screenings
- VOICES FOR FREEDOM: The Hyers Sisters' Legacy will be screened at UC Berkeley's Hearst Anthropology Museum on Nov. 12. Susheel will lead a discussion time TBA
- Voices goes to Hawaii January 9-16, 2018: Maui and in Honolulu at the Hawaii International Conference on the Arts and Humanities. Check this site in December for the final schedule: http://hichumanities.org/program/. or Stay tuned here or at www.TheHyersSisters.com for details!
- The Voices FB page is: https://www.facebook.com/HyersSisters?fref=ts
- Tax-deductible donations to expand the Hyers film to 60 min: http://www.susheelbibbs.com. Mail donations: Checks to LHF, c/o 123 Mint Leaf Way, Sacramento,CA 95838
=MEET MARY PLEASANT RIDES AGAIN!
- Bibbs' award-winning feature Meet Mary Pleasant is on PBS again in HD through 2021
- MEET MARY PLEASANT-- an acclaimed, award winning 1 hr. film now on PBS and a touring one-woman performance by Susheel Bibbs. See a recent review of the show below.
- Booking at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Details at www.mepleasant.com
=Now touring the Hyers VOICES FOR FREEDOM program with the new Hyers film and discussion
=email bookings: email@example.com for bookings.
===============================================================Archive of events and Film-related appearances
- Hyers first test screening on AAMLO, June 17, 2017, 3pm at 659 14th St. in Oakland-- not streaming yet, but we're screening!
- With Zaccho Dance Theater, San Francisco
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, www.zaccho.org
- Schedule of Presentations, Free
- =September 11, 10:30am, Bayview Opera House, San Francisco
- Meet Mary Pleasant mini-Chautauqua for youth. Presented by Zaccho Dance Theater
- =September 13, 5pm, FREE
- California Historical Society. Post-event panel participant for the Zaccho Dance production of Sailing Away -- an open-space/outdoor dance presentation on Market Street at 2 pm. based on the migrations of early SF civil rights leaders.
- At Crocker Museum, Sacramento Bibbs as Singer-Narrator for a gala presentation of an original work, Big Dreams, Small Shoulders, by Deborah Pittman based on the famous Norman Rockwell painting of Ruby Bridges, the six-year-old who was involved in school desegregation in 1960 -- featuring narration, song, puppetry, and instrumental music. Bibbs sings spirituals and narrates.
- At Sonoma County Historical Society Contact: sonomacountyhistory.org March 24, 2013, afternoon time and cost TBA. 45 min. Chautauqua: Meet Mary Pleasant at Flamingo Resort, Sonoma, CAWatch a video of this event: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDM6JQ8ubPw