A once successful, stuck up, asset stripping, Memphis banker gets fired, goes to jail, does rehab and ends up on the streets, homeless. In desperation, he forms a new business with the only asset available to him – respectable people’s distaste for bums. Together with a team of vagrants and whores, Cooper harnesses bum capabilities for his clientele, cheerfully lowering property values for their competition.
Laurels, awards and other accomplishments:
B.S. from Penn State University. M.S. and Ph. D. from University of Florida in Clinical Psychology. I have a successful private practice in Memphis, TN, but I live with my husband, two children, dogs, cat, paint horses and wild birds in Millington, TN, where my neighbors are regularly drunk and heavily armed.
Bums, Inc. Screenplay Awards
• Write Movies Monthly A/Exposure, Winner, First Place, Sept. 2011
• Los Angeles Movie Awards II, Winner, Award of Excellence, 2011
• The 2011 West Field Screenwriting Awards, Runner up, The Best Screenplay in Comedy, 2011
• Summer 2011 Los Angeles Cinema Festival of Hollywood, Winner, Award of Merit, 2011
• Los Angeles Reel Film Festival, Honorable Mention, 2011
• Action on Film, Nomination, Best Dialogue Feature, (top 6), 2011
• Sacramento Film Festival, Finalist, 2012 (results to be announced).
• Charleston International Film Festival, Finalist, 2012 (results to be announced).
• Emerging Screenwriters, Finalist, 2012
• Independent Film Quarterly Film & New Media Festival, Semi-Finalist and Official Selection, 2011
• ITN Distribution Film and New Media Festival, Semi-Finalist, 2011
• Oregon Film Awards, Feature Screenplay Competition, Official Finalist, (top 10), 2011
• Burbank International Film Festival, Official Selection, 2011
• The Beverly Hills Film, TV & New Media Festival, Semi-Finalist, 2011
Wasp Coffee Screenplay Awards
• Female Eye Film Festival, Winner, 2011, Crowd Pleaser Award (Audience Choice)
• Hollywood Screenplay Contest, Silver Medal, 2011, Sci Fi
• Los Angeles Movie Awards, Award of Excellence, 2011
• Summer 2010 Los Angeles Cinema Film Festival of Hollywood, Winner, 2010
• Los Angeles Film and Script Festival, Honorable Mention, 2010
• Table Read My Screenplay, Sci Fi Finalist (top 5), 2010
• Beverly Hills Film Festival, Finalist, 2011
My home region is:
Comment Wall (11 comments)
You need to be a member of California Film Foundation to add comments!
Hey I will tell you my secrets in exchange for a full psychoanalytical report on me.... My dad and I made a still for a high school science project... man there's a lot of science involved in making whiskey! lol... yet's you and I collaborate on a crazy funny short about a family like your neighbors and my relatives!
Oh... and btw Dee... I read your profile and had forgot to mention this to you at the festival - If you lived in Mississippi instead of Tennessee, I'd lay you two to one that your neighbors that are regularly drunk and heavily armed are the few relatives that I have that haven't drank themselves to death or been killed in a bar fight! Just sayin'.
Thanks for your very kind comments. I live in Culver City but also have a home in Louisiana I travel where ever I need to to make the next movie. Yes I am addicted to film making. I will be at the SAC film fest and can't wait to meet all the nice people there.
I went last year. I'm hoping to attend this year, too. I met some nice people and made a great friend. His name is Richard Broadhurst and he is on the writers' panel. Maybe we will see each other, again.